There are hundreds of diets out there, each one promoting an eating plan that will have you slim in no time at all. Some foods are common to all, foods which seem to stimulate the metabolism and give a jump start to the weight loss diet.
1. Green tea: The first one is not really a food at all as it has not caloric content at all. Nevertheless, green tea seems to increase the rate at which you burn fat. This antioxidant-rich tea hydrates as water does, fill you up if taken before a meal and helps you shed pounds.
2. Blueberries: Top most lists of health-promoting foods. A one-cup serving has only 80 calories, yet helps you feel full due to the 4 grams of fiber it contains. Very effective in a weight loss regime, blueberries are well-known for their anti-aging effects.
3. Salmon: All diets need protein, and lean is better than fatty. Salmon is such a protein, plus it is packed with omega3’s and MUFAs (monounsaturated fatty acids) a recognized diet aid.
4. Grapefruit: Grapefruit included in nearly every weight-loss diet for very good reason. The fruit has the ability to lower insulin levels which leads to a reduction in weight because insulin is a fat-storage hormone.
5. Brown rice: A half-cup serving ofbrown rice contains 1.7 grams of resistant starch, which is a healthy carbohydrate which usually boosts metabolism and helps burns fat. It is rich in fiber which makes one feel full sooner.
6. Almonds: Nuts are among the super foods which are rich in the healthy fats that help one slim. Almonds in particular can help one shed pounds. Just replacing carbohydrate-heavy foods like crackers with a handful of almonds has led to greater weight-loss than a diet without the nuts.
There are other super foods – avocadoes, oats, broccoli, eggs, potatoes and goat cheese to name a few – but including the above mentioned foods in a generally healthy diet will help the pounds drop away.